Wednesday, January 16, 2013

Liebster Awards



This morning I found out I'd be chosen for the Liebster Awards by Alicia at Sophistified! Thank you so much Alicia for the opportunity! Click here to check out her fabulous blog!

*EDIT* Also thanks to Kumbear XO for her nomination!

Update: I was also nominated by Morgan at I wish it were Anthropologie, but... , please check out her blog also and support!


Rules of the Liebster Awards:
1. List 11 facts about yourself.
2. Answer the 11 questions given to you.
3. Ask 11 new questions for the bloggers you nominate for the award.
4. Choose 9 bloggers with 200 or less followers to nominate. 
5. Go to each bloggers page and let them know about the award.
6. Thank the person who nominated you and link back to their blog.

11 facts about me:

- I am a graphic designer for the fast- fashion company Deb.

- I was born and raised in the middle of nowhere with a 30-45 minute drive to the nearest mall or decent place to eat. I've always been a city girl at heart. Dreaming of moving to New York kept me motivated for many years when I was younger. Even though now I live in Philadelphia. It is still a vast improvement over my hometown.

- I am a natural blonde, even though you can see a good inch of dark root on my hair. When I was 16 I dyed my hair burgundy, thus beginning many years of hair color play. I always return to blonde, anything else feels wrong after a while. My hair has been red, brown, blonde, and included parts of blue and purple.

- I have five tattoos. Back, wrist, stomach, thigh and feet. Some mean things, others don't. I don't regret them yet. I hope to work on getting a half sleeve.

- I have been friends with my best friend the entire 24 years of my life. We have matching chain link wrist tattoos, classy.

- I once went to a Lauren Conrad book signing and waited for two hours to see her. I spent the entire time thinking of what to say to her and when I got up to he, I choked. Amazingly she understood my question about her ombre hair between my stammering.

-Up until the end of my Junior year of high school I thought I wanted to be a journalist. Deciding to go to college for Graphic Design, luckily happened at the last minute. I'm a much better designer then I am writer.

- Buffy the Vampire Slayer is my favorite show of all time ever. I've watched all 7 seasons multiple times. I even have some creepy Buffy dolls. I like to tell people how I sharpened sticks and tried to stake trees when I was a kid.

- I absolutely love going to see movies in the movie theater. Mostly since I love movies, but I really love the previews. I've made my friends wait until the next showing so we could see the previews. You could say I appreciate the art of a well edited trailer.

- I saw The Dark Knight five times in theaters.

- I've traveled out of the country to England, Ireland, Wales, Barcelona, the Bahamas, and of course, Canada. Many more to come I hope! My family loves baseball, when I was a child we went on two vacations watching baseball games all around the US. This allowed me to visit more places in the US then I otherwise would have.




11 questions from Alicia:

What is your dream career?
Luckily for me, I already am half way to my dream career. I would love to be art director in house for a fashion house. Currently I am a graphic designer for a fashion company so I feel like I am headed in the right direction!

What are must-have items in your closet?
I am obsessed with the color black, studs, skulls, and leopard print. Normally my wardrobe go to's are my faux leather jacket, black / skull or leopard print scarf, and black studded boots. These three items when added to any outfit automatically take you from casual to fabulous. 

How would you describe your style?
In my office, my style has been classified as rocker chic. I try to keep my look a bit dressy or professional to save myself from looking like some rocker punk who can't be bothered to get dressed for work. I am also not much of a jeans and t-shirt girl so sneakers, graphic tees, and extremely casual jeans are never an option.

What is the one thing you can't live without?
Besides friends & family, definitely my macs. I have a 27 inch iMac and a Macbook Air. I basically consider them my children. If anything happened to them, more specifically my iMac I'd go nuts. It's a necessity for a graphic designer you know.

What's your favorite high-end brand?
Currently obsessed with Balmain. I'd die for one of their structured studded jackets or dresses. They  tend to design in black and white or obscenely bright colors with tons of studding and beading. Maybe some day I'll be able to afford it : 

If today was your last day, how would you spend it?
Probably fly to California, buy a Balmian suit, and lay in the sand in it with a drink in my hand.

Why did you start blogging?
Given I am lucky enough to do one of the things I love for a living, sometimes I need another outlet to express myself creatively. Fashion is my second love in life and I am glad to be able to give that more attention besides figuring out how to market it everyday. Also it's nice to be free to create how I want, not within the restrictions of a brand.

Less or more?
Hard one. Minimalism and layering are an art , each in their own right. In my design life I prefer less, but I think in dressing myself it tends to be more.

Favorite type of shoes? (Flats, wedges, ankle boots..?)
Mid calf, low heeled boots for sure. The mid calf style slims down my leg and the lower heels allow me to not be too tall. My go-to comfort style, for sure.

What's on your bucket list?
I've already done many great bucket list things, like skydiving and traveling abroad. I'd have to say live in NYC or California for at least some period of time. I tend to check things off my bucket list as amazing things happen in my life, not plan them ahead of time.

Where do you see yourself in 10 years?
I'll be 34, hopefully I'll be an art director or pretty damn close by then at a brand I love. Could be in a new city, who can predict!

What do you plan on majoring in / or what was your major in college?

If you could live anywhere in the world, where would you live?

What have you always wanted to do to your hair but were too afraid of?

Who is your icon?

What is your other major interest in life besides fashion?

What is your go-to color?

What is your favorite form of social media?

What do you think is the best way to promote your blog?

What's your favorite quote?

If you had to wear one designer for life, who would it be?

Which is your favorite fashion magazine?

Thanks again Sophistified! I hope everyone keeps this going and does their part to spread the word on great fashion blogs in the making!

And another thanks to I wish it were anthropologie, but... for my second nomination! Also to Kumbear XO for her nomination!

Follow on Bloglovin

1 comment:

  1. Thank you so much for nominating me! I have however already done a liebster award post but I'll make sure to answer your questions sometime! :) xo

    ReplyDelete